Skip to main content

2014 is here

    It has been four month since the last time I have and many things have happend. I don't want to bore you so I will just give you a few of the highlight. My library volunteer job became a paid position. Due to the winter season I am no longer working at the trailer. I finished three more 5k. One of them was the Blacklight run that I got to do with my youngest and some co workers. 
     2014 is here and I can just feel that it is a year of change. I am hoping to get more races in this year. I have eleven race on my calendar so far and I will be doing a virtual marathon each month too. My first race for the year will be a the Austin half marathon and it's just 19 day away. As it get closer my runs are getting longer which is nice because it give a little more quiet time. 
     I am also working on the garden. I have two planting of cold crops in and should be be seeing some harvest from the first planting soon. Since I grow my plants from seed I have started some of my warm crop plants too. I always start much more than I need, but I don't normally have a hard time finding home for the extras. I am not adding any new beds to the garden. Since I am not sure where my warm crops will be planted. 
     One of the biggest things that I have been working on the last month is decluttering. I am very much a pack rat, so I end up with just to much stuff that I don't need. Example I had  25 empty three ring binder that were just sitting on a shelf. I also started a Buy Nothing Project Group for South Austin in the effort to see if some of my neighbor might want some of my treasure. I have also managed to donated 40 bags of stuff to an assortment of charity's. I am not done yet but I sure can see a lot more of my floor. The amount of recycle has been crazy too. I have had to make a few trip to the recycle center just to keep up.
     I am also planning on downsizing my housing this year too. I would prefer a house or duplex but an apartment my have to do. Since my youngest is a teenager I don't need a yard as much. I have managed to find a few apartments that have community gardens and that would take care of my yard needs. But to make things a little more difficult I am not sure if I will be staying in Austin or moving back to Seattle to be closer to my family. I am hoping to have to more of those detail worked out soon.

I think that should should get you all up to speed, on how the big things in my life are going. Now hopefully I will manage to to keep up a little more with my little blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hammer vs. Hand

Only one post this week and it's going to be short and sweet. Last Saturday when I was out making garden boxes. I managed to hit my hand with a hammer. I did stop working and put ice on it and took some Advil. I did all the things that you would think to do for a hammered hand. But by Tuesday I was still having eye crossing pain, so I call the nurse to see what they recommend I do. She said I need to come and be seen. Off to the doctor I went. I didn't think that I had broke anything but I was wrong. I have a Scaphoid Fracture of the Wrist.

April is Parkinson's Awareness month

Do you know someone with Parkinson's ? For more information on Parkinson's here a few websites: http://www.parkinson.org/ http://www.youngparkinsons.org/ A few of the events for April: Participate in the 18th Parkinson’s Unity Walk (PUW), Saturday, April 28, 2012 in New York’s Central Park. PUW is the largest grassroots event for Parkinson’s disease in the country, raising awareness and funds for PD research. http://www.unitywalk.org/ The National Parkinson Foundation’s Moving Day Walk is a fun, inspiring fundraising event that unites families, friends and communities in the fight against Parkinson’s disease. Held in cities across the United States, it is the first grassroots campaign that spotlights the disease on a national level and gives you the chance to speak out in your own community. http://www3.parkinson.org/site/PageServer?pagename=moving_day_home_page
It has been way to long since I have posted. I have started many post but some thing takes me away and now I have Twelve Drafts some dating back a few years. So many things have changed over the years. I can't wait to tell you everything!!