Skip to main content

Ear

If you read my "Flying" post you will know that I have having some ear issues. I had taken some benadryl before the flight to try to avoid any issues. But on the flight home my right ear popped. When it popped the sound and pain that followed woke me. Now I was hoping that the pain and now headache would subside after some ibuprofen and a good nights sleep. Since I was sleep deprived.
After five days of eye crossing pain from my ear and head I headed to the doctor. And nothing they could see nothing wrong with my ears and I was not having any other symptoms. They gave me a list of symptoms to look for and to come back if I develope any. They also gave me some eardrops. I had an appointment with the audiologist in a little over a week. So I was hoping for some answers then.
Now two weeks into my ear pain and headache I also have a cough. (And my balance is Really off, not sure if this do to my ear or other issues.) A cough was one of the symptoms to look for, so back to the doctor I go. I did get to see my doctor this time, she had been on vacation the week before. (She has been my primary doctor for several years now. It is nice to have the same person so I don't have to explain all my other issues too first. Though sometime I do feel like we do see each other to often.) But once again nothing, she could see nothing wrong. So she sent me off with a script for cough medicine and we crossed your fingers that the audiologist could tell me something the next day.
I had an early appointment with the audiologist. And after 30 minutes of tests she told me I odd shaped ear canals, my hearing was within the normal range and she was referring me to and ENT.
Tomorrow it will be three weeks from my ear poping plane ride. And I still have an earache and a headache and I am waiting to see the ENT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hammer vs. Hand

Only one post this week and it's going to be short and sweet. Last Saturday when I was out making garden boxes. I managed to hit my hand with a hammer. I did stop working and put ice on it and took some Advil. I did all the things that you would think to do for a hammered hand. But by Tuesday I was still having eye crossing pain, so I call the nurse to see what they recommend I do. She said I need to come and be seen. Off to the doctor I went. I didn't think that I had broke anything but I was wrong. I have a Scaphoid Fracture of the Wrist.

April is Parkinson's Awareness month

Do you know someone with Parkinson's ? For more information on Parkinson's here a few websites: http://www.parkinson.org/ http://www.youngparkinsons.org/ A few of the events for April: Participate in the 18th Parkinson’s Unity Walk (PUW), Saturday, April 28, 2012 in New York’s Central Park. PUW is the largest grassroots event for Parkinson’s disease in the country, raising awareness and funds for PD research. http://www.unitywalk.org/ The National Parkinson Foundation’s Moving Day Walk is a fun, inspiring fundraising event that unites families, friends and communities in the fight against Parkinson’s disease. Held in cities across the United States, it is the first grassroots campaign that spotlights the disease on a national level and gives you the chance to speak out in your own community. http://www3.parkinson.org/site/PageServer?pagename=moving_day_home_page
It has been way to long since I have posted. I have started many post but some thing takes me away and now I have Twelve Drafts some dating back a few years. So many things have changed over the years. I can't wait to tell you everything!!