Skip to main content

Work: Part One

In my last post I told you that a full time job had found me. I belong to a book club and we were having our get together. I was also buying a washer and dryer from some friends. I had planned on picking them up before book club. When I got to my friends to pick them up the where running a bit behind. By the time I had got the washer and dryer to my place I was running very late. I ended up being an hour an a half late for book club and I even called to make sure they were still there. I ended up sitting across from a women I think I meet before but hadn't talk too. This time we ended up talking and there were something that we had in common. At the end of the evening as we were all leaving she asked if any knew a library clerk looking for work. Well I raised my hand and everyone else pointed at me. We exchanged numbers and I heard from a few days late to interview. After waiting for the school district to caught up I got the call from HR. I was to start my full time job on the first day of school. 

I started the first day of school bright and early. The one advantage I have at this school it's the sister school of the one I came from, they are the same general floor plan. There are some internal changes but nothing that changes the floor plan. They do have there classes and other program in a different room from what I have gotten use to, so some days it's getting lost in a floor plan I know. 

It is a Duel language campus  partly because we have more Spanish speakers than English speakers. This has made me brush up on my Spanish.  I am doing all my bulletin boards in English and Spanish. I am also working on non-fiction markers that are English and Spanish. When I have a child looking blankly when I ask their name, I ask in Spanish and I get a full name.

I am enjoying the job. There is a lot of work. The collection hasn't had any love in some time and books that need help seem to find me. The librarian wanted spine labels updated and so I thought this would be a good way to start with the collection. It gave me a chance to see what the library has and see what books may need help. Now the only supplies I had was book glue, easy bind and contact paper. I didn't have spine labels but I had some other labels and made them work. I have managed to make it thru the Everybody and the Fiction sections. I have started the Spanish and hope to have that done this week. I have glued a lot of books, stared to tape a few (after I got a roll of book tape from an other library) and have a stack waiting for mylar. I have even started a stack to go to bindery. 

I am going to leave off there for now. This post is labeled "Work: Part One"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hammer vs. Hand

Only one post this week and it's going to be short and sweet. Last Saturday when I was out making garden boxes. I managed to hit my hand with a hammer. I did stop working and put ice on it and took some Advil. I did all the things that you would think to do for a hammered hand. But by Tuesday I was still having eye crossing pain, so I call the nurse to see what they recommend I do. She said I need to come and be seen. Off to the doctor I went. I didn't think that I had broke anything but I was wrong. I have a Scaphoid Fracture of the Wrist.

April is Parkinson's Awareness month

Do you know someone with Parkinson's ? For more information on Parkinson's here a few websites: http://www.parkinson.org/ http://www.youngparkinsons.org/ A few of the events for April: Participate in the 18th Parkinson’s Unity Walk (PUW), Saturday, April 28, 2012 in New York’s Central Park. PUW is the largest grassroots event for Parkinson’s disease in the country, raising awareness and funds for PD research. http://www.unitywalk.org/ The National Parkinson Foundation’s Moving Day Walk is a fun, inspiring fundraising event that unites families, friends and communities in the fight against Parkinson’s disease. Held in cities across the United States, it is the first grassroots campaign that spotlights the disease on a national level and gives you the chance to speak out in your own community. http://www3.parkinson.org/site/PageServer?pagename=moving_day_home_page
It has been way to long since I have posted. I have started many post but some thing takes me away and now I have Twelve Drafts some dating back a few years. So many things have changed over the years. I can't wait to tell you everything!!