Skip to main content

17 Days Left

There are only 17 day left in the school. It's hard to believe that we are almost at the end of an other school year, and with this there are a lot of things happening at the school were I volunteer.

We just had the spring book fair, were I got to pick out books for all the kids in school. (There is church that meets in the school building on Sundays that buys the books for the kids.) The kid get their books when all their library books are turned in for the year.

This is also the time of year when you get to see just how many books are in the library. I will be able to see how I need to reorganize the spinner rack, were we keep the more popular series. For example I am not sure if I have the right of room for the "Dairy of a wimpy kid" series right now. All the copies are normally checked out and when they are checked in it is never for very long. It's not uncommon for them to never make it to the spinner rack they are check out again so quickly.

With the end of the school year also means summer reading is coming. We are having a "Egyptian Pyramid Reading Quest" for our summer reading program. But the current log sheets don't have enough time for the kids to log all there hours needed. So I well be making a new log sheet today to make sure it is ready to go home with kids.

I have also been thinking about applying for a library clerk job. It would mean going back to work full time, so there are lots of factor involved. I am healthy and that is one of the biggest factor. I also I am on the right combo of meds were I don't feel like I have to take a nap everyday. Not that I wouldn't take a nap if I can, I just don't feel the need to alway take one.

Since it is way past my bedtime I am going to end this post for now but look for and update on the garden soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hammer vs. Hand

Only one post this week and it's going to be short and sweet. Last Saturday when I was out making garden boxes. I managed to hit my hand with a hammer. I did stop working and put ice on it and took some Advil. I did all the things that you would think to do for a hammered hand. But by Tuesday I was still having eye crossing pain, so I call the nurse to see what they recommend I do. She said I need to come and be seen. Off to the doctor I went. I didn't think that I had broke anything but I was wrong. I have a Scaphoid Fracture of the Wrist.

April is Parkinson's Awareness month

Do you know someone with Parkinson's ? For more information on Parkinson's here a few websites: http://www.parkinson.org/ http://www.youngparkinsons.org/ A few of the events for April: Participate in the 18th Parkinson’s Unity Walk (PUW), Saturday, April 28, 2012 in New York’s Central Park. PUW is the largest grassroots event for Parkinson’s disease in the country, raising awareness and funds for PD research. http://www.unitywalk.org/ The National Parkinson Foundation’s Moving Day Walk is a fun, inspiring fundraising event that unites families, friends and communities in the fight against Parkinson’s disease. Held in cities across the United States, it is the first grassroots campaign that spotlights the disease on a national level and gives you the chance to speak out in your own community. http://www3.parkinson.org/site/PageServer?pagename=moving_day_home_page
It has been way to long since I have posted. I have started many post but some thing takes me away and now I have Twelve Drafts some dating back a few years. So many things have changed over the years. I can't wait to tell you everything!!