Skip to main content

Work: Part One

In my last post I told you that a full time job had found me. I belong to a book club and we were having our get together. I was also buying a washer and dryer from some friends. I had planned on picking them up before book club. When I got to my friends to pick them up the where running a bit behind. By the time I had got the washer and dryer to my place I was running very late. I ended up being an hour an a half late for book club and I even called to make sure they were still there. I ended up sitting across from a women I think I meet before but hadn't talk too. This time we ended up talking and there were something that we had in common. At the end of the evening as we were all leaving she asked if any knew a library clerk looking for work. Well I raised my hand and everyone else pointed at me. We exchanged numbers and I heard from a few days late to interview. After waiting for the school district to caught up I got the call from HR. I was to start my full time job on the first day of school. 

I started the first day of school bright and early. The one advantage I have at this school it's the sister school of the one I came from, they are the same general floor plan. There are some internal changes but nothing that changes the floor plan. They do have there classes and other program in a different room from what I have gotten use to, so some days it's getting lost in a floor plan I know. 

It is a Duel language campus  partly because we have more Spanish speakers than English speakers. This has made me brush up on my Spanish.  I am doing all my bulletin boards in English and Spanish. I am also working on non-fiction markers that are English and Spanish. When I have a child looking blankly when I ask their name, I ask in Spanish and I get a full name.

I am enjoying the job. There is a lot of work. The collection hasn't had any love in some time and books that need help seem to find me. The librarian wanted spine labels updated and so I thought this would be a good way to start with the collection. It gave me a chance to see what the library has and see what books may need help. Now the only supplies I had was book glue, easy bind and contact paper. I didn't have spine labels but I had some other labels and made them work. I have managed to make it thru the Everybody and the Fiction sections. I have started the Spanish and hope to have that done this week. I have glued a lot of books, stared to tape a few (after I got a roll of book tape from an other library) and have a stack waiting for mylar. I have even started a stack to go to bindery. 

I am going to leave off there for now. This post is labeled "Work: Part One"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Theme Display Case

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)