Skip to main content

Decluttering, packing and moving

My decluttering adventure has been slowing but hasn't stopped. When I started my goal was just to clear some things out. Then it changed to get rid of everything I could not replace. I have managed to still keep more things than I need, but I have still made a dramatic decrease in clutter. And I imagine that I will let go of more things still as I got thru them a second time. I was also able to start some packing. I still have many things that a belong to my child off at college. So I knew I could pack those things up and know one would mind. 
My housing searching had been on hold. There are some things that need to be decided. That I have no control over and until these decision are made I don't know if I will be staying in Austin or returning to Seattle. Then I found out that I can only stay at my current house till mild of this month. I was hoping to have till the end of May but that turned out not to be the case. So I have had no choice but to look for new housing. I have found somewhere to live. It will only be temporary but it will give me time till I know where my final destination is. So I have been busy packing, for I only have a few more days till I move. 
Now if I stay in Austin I will need more employment. So I have been putting in applications for just about every jobs that I can get to on the bus and tha pays more than minimum wage.(Minimum wage is only $7.25 here in Texas.) I have also been searching the job available in Seattle to see what my option are there. I have had a few interviews and managed to add substute teacher to my list of jobs. It took the school district three weeks to get my paper work in the sub system. So I only managed to get one sub day in before spring break. I am still looking for an other job for I will need something for  summer.
It is harder on me to work a full time job than most people my age. So making sure that I take care of myself is very important. Running is a big part of that right now. I ran the Austin half marathon last month and had a new personal best time. I have an other half marathon coming up at the end of this month and hoping to do one every six weeks this year. 
Back to decluttering and packing for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Theme Display Case

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)