Skip to main content

2014 is here

    It has been four month since the last time I have and many things have happend. I don't want to bore you so I will just give you a few of the highlight. My library volunteer job became a paid position. Due to the winter season I am no longer working at the trailer. I finished three more 5k. One of them was the Blacklight run that I got to do with my youngest and some co workers. 
     2014 is here and I can just feel that it is a year of change. I am hoping to get more races in this year. I have eleven race on my calendar so far and I will be doing a virtual marathon each month too. My first race for the year will be a the Austin half marathon and it's just 19 day away. As it get closer my runs are getting longer which is nice because it give a little more quiet time. 
     I am also working on the garden. I have two planting of cold crops in and should be be seeing some harvest from the first planting soon. Since I grow my plants from seed I have started some of my warm crop plants too. I always start much more than I need, but I don't normally have a hard time finding home for the extras. I am not adding any new beds to the garden. Since I am not sure where my warm crops will be planted. 
     One of the biggest things that I have been working on the last month is decluttering. I am very much a pack rat, so I end up with just to much stuff that I don't need. Example I had  25 empty three ring binder that were just sitting on a shelf. I also started a Buy Nothing Project Group for South Austin in the effort to see if some of my neighbor might want some of my treasure. I have also managed to donated 40 bags of stuff to an assortment of charity's. I am not done yet but I sure can see a lot more of my floor. The amount of recycle has been crazy too. I have had to make a few trip to the recycle center just to keep up.
     I am also planning on downsizing my housing this year too. I would prefer a house or duplex but an apartment my have to do. Since my youngest is a teenager I don't need a yard as much. I have managed to find a few apartments that have community gardens and that would take care of my yard needs. But to make things a little more difficult I am not sure if I will be staying in Austin or moving back to Seattle to be closer to my family. I am hoping to have to more of those detail worked out soon.

I think that should should get you all up to speed, on how the big things in my life are going. Now hopefully I will manage to to keep up a little more with my little blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Theme Display Case

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)