Skip to main content

April is Parkinson's Awareness month

Do you know someone with Parkinson's ?

For more information on Parkinson's here a few websites:
http://www.parkinson.org/
http://www.youngparkinsons.org/

A few of the events for April:
Participate in the 18th Parkinson’s Unity Walk (PUW), Saturday, April 28, 2012 in New York’s Central Park. PUW is the largest grassroots event for Parkinson’s disease in the country, raising awareness and funds for PD research.
http://www.unitywalk.org/

The National Parkinson Foundation’s Moving Day Walk is a fun, inspiring fundraising event that unites families, friends and communities in the fight against Parkinson’s disease. Held in cities across the United States, it is the first grassroots campaign that spotlights the disease on a national level and gives you the chance to speak out in your own community.
http://www3.parkinson.org/site/PageServer?pagename=moving_day_home_page

Comments

  1. PD Awareness Month Fact of the Day: According to a survey conducted by the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 53% of PD patients who had full information about all of their grandparents, aunts, uncles and parents reported at least one such relative with the disease.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Theme Display Case

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)