Skip to main content

2012 Walk for the Water

Did you know?

3.7 miles is the average distance those in the developing worlds walk EACH WAY to access clean water.

Available clean water enables children to attend school rather than spending their time gathering water.

Clean water systems help prevent illness from waterborne infections, saving many lives.

You can help my sponsoring my son as he Walks for the Water.

Please pledge your support for my son and the students of Covington Middle School by going to www.WalkForTheWater.com

This spring students at 33 area schools are partnering with non-profits A Legacy of Giving and the Gazelle Foundation to advocate for clean water in developing countries. Our collective goal is to raise $35,000 to build a clean water system for citizens of the Songa region in Burundi, Africa.

Teams from the 33 participating schools will complete a symbolic 3.7 mile walk, which represents the average distance people in the developing world walk each way to access clean water. The walk will take place on April 28th, 8:30.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Theme Display Case

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)