Skip to main content

What I eat

You could say I am a very picky eater. I try to eat healthy. No artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, high frutose corn syrp or gmo's. I limit soy and proceed foods (but sometimes you need an Amy's meal night). And I buy organic when ever I can.

For as long as I can remember I have stomach issues. And I have taken medication on and off for the past 20 years to try and help. But the meds didn't fix the problem, it help it from hurting as much. But I was taking a muscle relaxer 4 times a day. And if I didn't take it right on time, I would still end up sick. So knowing that there are some foods that I just can't eat. I thought I would play with my diet and see what happens.

My diet had very little red meat and some chicken. So I thought that would be a good place to start. And so I cut meat out and I could tell a difference. Then eggs came out, until finally dairy. Ice cream was the hardest to give up, but I have found some good replacements.

So I have gone from a flexitarian (a vegetarian that will eat meat) to a vegan over the last six months. And it has made a huge difference in the way I feel. I no long feel sick to my stomach all the time. I have been able to stop taken medication for my stomach, which has help increase my energy level. I just feel better over all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)

100 Theme Display Case