Skip to main content

The library

One of the things that I do is volunteer in a elementary school library. I am in the library about 15 hours a week. I know some people don't understand why I help where I don't have a child, but middle school doesn't need me. In elementary school on top of the normal librarian duties. The librarian also see every class, every week and does a lesson with them. So the school I am at the librarian see about 500 kids a week. And when you have a fourth of them are not reading yet. You need an extra pair of hands. And I have a great librarian to work for.

I enjoy volunteering at the library for a lot of different reasons and its great occupational therapy. I do a lot more than shelving. I help with the kids, do the bulletin boards, book displays and more. One thing that we are doing is weeding books out. With a library that's 25 years old you find books that have been well loved and may just need some repair or other that just need to be replaced. I also find books that are just old and haven't been check out for years. And it looks like we may be getting some extra funds to buy books this year. So those books that need replacements will get replaced.

Without getting to to much detail I had a substitute librarian the last few weeks. I know she didn't care for me much and to top things off. I know she didn't like the fact that kids and teachers came to me with questions or requests. But I don't think she understood that is normal. If my librarian is busy or not in the library the kids and teachers know that they can come to me. I don't have all the answers but I will find out.

So I will be working on becoming a sub for my librarian. But in the mean time I will be thinking about my March bulletin boards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)

100 Theme Display Case