Skip to main content

Ear

If you read my "Flying" post you will know that I have having some ear issues. I had taken some benadryl before the flight to try to avoid any issues. But on the flight home my right ear popped. When it popped the sound and pain that followed woke me. Now I was hoping that the pain and now headache would subside after some ibuprofen and a good nights sleep. Since I was sleep deprived.
After five days of eye crossing pain from my ear and head I headed to the doctor. And nothing they could see nothing wrong with my ears and I was not having any other symptoms. They gave me a list of symptoms to look for and to come back if I develope any. They also gave me some eardrops. I had an appointment with the audiologist in a little over a week. So I was hoping for some answers then.
Now two weeks into my ear pain and headache I also have a cough. (And my balance is Really off, not sure if this do to my ear or other issues.) A cough was one of the symptoms to look for, so back to the doctor I go. I did get to see my doctor this time, she had been on vacation the week before. (She has been my primary doctor for several years now. It is nice to have the same person so I don't have to explain all my other issues too first. Though sometime I do feel like we do see each other to often.) But once again nothing, she could see nothing wrong. So she sent me off with a script for cough medicine and we crossed your fingers that the audiologist could tell me something the next day.
I had an early appointment with the audiologist. And after 30 minutes of tests she told me I odd shaped ear canals, my hearing was within the normal range and she was referring me to and ENT.
Tomorrow it will be three weeks from my ear poping plane ride. And I still have an earache and a headache and I am waiting to see the ENT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)

How to irrigate the garden

One of my garden project that I been working on is: How to irrigate the garden. In the Texas summer heat vegetables need lots of water everyday. And I am already under water restrictions. I can only use a sprinkler head or system two days a week. And it also not the most efficient way to water the garden. And I wanted an idea that I could use recycled materials. After some searching on the Internet. I found IcePop-Drip-Irrigation . The short version: A frozen water bottle wrapped with a mylar chip bag. (Because I am anal about what I eat and about recycling. Both water bottles and chip bags are not some thing you find a lot of in my house. But it amazing what you can find at your local construction site.) I did change one thing to suit me and the garden better. I have a lot of more plants to water and it will be and early morning chore. So I drilled holes in the lids. Now I can just set them out in the garden and I don't have to wait for daylight. Hand Update: It is healing an...