Skip to main content

Catching up

As I continue my house hunt it looks more and more like we will be staying put. So I am adding more garden beds.
Beside adding more beds I am planning out my fall garden. With all the new beds I have over doubled my growing space. And I will have deitacated space just for the farmers market. So this month will be very busy getting my fall crops in. Now fall crops in Austin
means, a short warm crop planting. I will get some cold crops in but not for a few month still.

I have a few more weekend of peach sales. Then a trip to see all the family. Before school starts back up and I head back to the library.

I recently pasted the one year mark of being a vegan and it has defentlly been for the better. Not only have I stayed off the medicaton for my stomach. I think that it has helping my skin problem and my glucose has gone back to normal.
Being the only vegan in the house can sometime be interesting. When your trying to decide on meals that everyone will eat. But I have found many meals that I can make that just have the meat or dairy on the side.
I have also saved money because I can just bypass big parts of the groceries stores. Plus I grow things that I like to eat and I can swap extras at the farmer market for other veggies that I don't grow.

So there is a little catching up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 Theme Display Case

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)