Skip to main content

House Hunting

This whole moving thing is no fun. There are not a lot of rentals that fit in my price range and the ones that do come don't last long. I did find out that my lease is not up till July. This good and bad. It does give me more time, but is when I like to make my Seattle trip and it infers with gardening. But I do have some options to put your house up for rent and hope we can find a renter but not before I can find an other place. So I am looking for a new place, praying that every thing works out and cleaning the house for it to show.

Since I know that it will be a downsizing. I have already donated, thrown out and recycled a good lot of stuff and still have a lot more to get rid of. And now that I need to get the house ready to show I really need to step up my cleaning game. I only have one room in my house that is under some control and it's not my room. My room is currently my indoor growing area. I have seedling in many different stages right now. So my room looks more like a greenhouse and a place to find the clean clothes then anything. I should be cleaning now and not writing this post, but I am not in the mood for cleaning right now. But I did make an e-cycle drop off this morning and it's still early.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to irrigate the garden

One of my garden project that I been working on is: How to irrigate the garden. In the Texas summer heat vegetables need lots of water everyday. And I am already under water restrictions. I can only use a sprinkler head or system two days a week. And it also not the most efficient way to water the garden. And I wanted an idea that I could use recycled materials. After some searching on the Internet. I found IcePop-Drip-Irrigation . The short version: A frozen water bottle wrapped with a mylar chip bag. (Because I am anal about what I eat and about recycling. Both water bottles and chip bags are not some thing you find a lot of in my house. But it amazing what you can find at your local construction site.) I did change one thing to suit me and the garden better. I have a lot of more plants to water and it will be and early morning chore. So I drilled holes in the lids. Now I can just set them out in the garden and I don't have to wait for daylight. Hand Update: It is healing an...
I feel so behind in getting a blog post up. Life has been keeping very busy but all in good way. Now I recently got myself an ipad to replace my laptop that had died. So I have been trying to figure out the best way to write on the ipad. I think I found the best way for now. With less than a month before my half marathon and trying to train in the Texas heat is a challenge. But getting out early and lots of water make it manageable. I am swimming on my cross train day and sometime on run days too. (I am already at the pool six days a week and it gives me something to do vs standing around for an hour.)  The garden is coming a long. I have twenty beds in area 66' x 7'. So I have a lot  of plants in the ground and still have some beds that I have not planted yet. But this Texas and I do have a long growing season. So they will end up with plants in them. My biggest concern with the garden right now is water. We are under tight  water restrictions . When the rules were made th...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)