Skip to main content

Training

I am once again in full training mode. I will be doing the See Jane Run Half-Marathon in Seattle on July 17th.  I would like to run/walk this race but because of leg issues I think it's going to be more like walk/jog. I will be doing the race with my sister, so it will be fun no matter the speed.(My sister walks as fast as me and she runs faster. So if anything I am going to be the slower one.)

Right now I get my run* in after I drop off my youngest at school. So with only week and a half before school gets out for the summer,  I will have to find a new time. And with this being Texas the low temp not is below 70 now. Running earlier is the day works much better for me. I have already gotten to the point were I have to carry water with me and it well only get warmer.  I will most likely switch to a sunrise run time. I think that the sunrise has to be the coolest time of day when it is light out. I don't run in the dark. I street run it's just not safe, to many hazards that you can't see. And I am already my own hazard.

 Don't forget to check out My Garden                                                               

*It's easiest to call everything a run. My goal is run as much as can but some days it's only walk.                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on!

It has been so long since my last post. So hold on! I am still have issues with headaches but my ear has stopped hurting. We did find out that it was sinus related. They did give me meds for it, but I am trying to only using them as needed. Because when you add four more meds to my mix it bring my total to 15. I have moved to a vegan diet and managed to get off one of my meds. I am getting ready to start training. Due to a lot of different factors. I was unable to do See Run Jane Austin (and it ended up being cancelled due to weather). So I have not been walking as much as I should be. Having access to a car a few days a week has inferred with my walking schedule too. But it's time to get back in gear. I have a 2 month 22 days still the Austin Marathon. I will only be doing the half marathon again this year. If I wasn't so lazy I would have already started to train. It only has been the last month we have been getting some cold nights. So I still have some things coming out of...

Made it thru the week

Jasmine :-) Do to spring break my normal route was thrown off. But I still managed to work in the garden, go to a doctors appointment, do a big haul grocery store run, get a hair cut, visited with a friend, work on this blog...... ........became an honorary boy (I had to say "Boys are fantastic, girls are elastic!" 3 times) so I could play "Dangerous Book for Boys Board Game" And  lost a toenail. :-) Mike Tyson 3/13/11 (He was hard to get a picture of. He moved around a lot. And I was using my phone to take pictures.) :-)

100 Theme Display Case